Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
SharePoint’s hidden user-list – User Information List
User Information List – Background
Browsing the User Information List
Write code to interact with the User Information List
User Information List Fields
By default in SharePoint, the *manager* field is not exposed in the User Information List” in a SharePoint site collection.
But wait, here’s another place you can look for this information and more specifically, this is the place you’ll want to extract from, in your Workflows, InfoPath, etc.
Choose Site Actions, People and Groups
Then select “All People” from the Quick Launch bar/Navigation
Alternatively, you can go directly to the ‘User Information List’ by appending the following on to your sites URL:/_catalogs/users/simple.aspx (i.e. https://portal.somewhere.com//_catalogs/users/simple.aspx).
Ok, back to the problem, I want the *manage* field to appear within this list as well. And it ain’t there… see!
- Login to your Central Administration and go to your Shared Service Provider
- Under User Profiles and My Sites, choose ‘User Profiles and Properties’
- Go to ‘View Profile Property’ under ‘User Profile Properties’
- Find the ‘Manager’ Property and hover over and click ‘edit’
- Click the ‘Replicable’ checkbox and also check the ‘show in the profile properties section of the user’s profile page’
- Return to the ‘User Profile and Properties’ section via the Breadcrumb trail
- Start a full Import
Optimising bulk inserts with Entity Framework 6 In Entity Framework 6+ the database context implements the unit of work pattern so th...
Add Full Breadcrumbs to SharePoint Document Library Inexcusably, SharePoint has no true breadcrumb navigation. In document libraries, n...
OPEN LIST ITEM ATTACHMENTS WITH A CLICK ON THE PAPERCLIP Another requirement of one of my users is to open file attachments directly by...
Add Key Filter Field Sharepoint 2013 I want to add "Title" as a key filter field in metadata navigation settings. Single lin...